"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Monday, March 4, 2013

No Final Visit and Termination Pushed Back

Turns out Bio Mom never called for a final visit.  I was a bit perplexed, as I thought for sure she would.  She asked for a final visit with her two boys, but not Sweet Pea.  The caseworker feels there was never a bond between her and Sweet Pea, as we brought her to our home directly from the hospital.  She also said that Bio Mom seemed frustrated with Sweet Pea at her last visit over a month ago.  So this past month of wondering and worry has been for naught....Also~Bio Dad's termination hearing has been rescheduled~won't happen for almost two more months!!!! How I hate the scheduling of the court system!  Apparently Bio Dad, who has not seen Sweet Pea since she was two months old (over a year ago), nor sent any letters, requested any information about her, etc... is now bound and determined to have custody of his child turned over to his mother who is about as unsuitable to parent as they come. (Alcoholic, thief, gave her son a full crack pipe for his 16th birthday).  That kind of unsuitable.  Do I sound bitter?  Heck yes, I'm bitter.  As I said before, it takes more than DNA to parent a child.  Bio Dad has not been a parent at all and hasn't tried to parent.  He walked away.  Now he feels he should be able to determine what's best for her.  Wow, Queen Mama is ranting and raving today.  These are the days/times where I have to pause, calm down,  and turn it all over to the One who already knows what the outcome of this case will be:  my Heavenly Father. 
Blessings to you in your journeys!
The Queen Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment