"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Princess's Preschool Mother's Day Tea


My Little Princess and I had a Mother's Day Tea at Preschool today.  She picked out her favorite party dress, and we put a new bow in her hair.  "I think I look pretty, Mama.", she said before we left.  "I hope the other girls Mamas dressed them in pretty dresses.  My teacher said I could wear my fancy dress."   I told her how beautiful she looked, and off we went to the tea.  The children were on stage, and sang songs and said poems, and the teacher asked each child why they love their Moms.  Princess said, "I love my Mommy because she takes me on walks."  So cute.

The children then proceeded to serve their Mommies punch (this Mama was so nervous that the red punch would spill on Princess's favorite white and pink dress), but she did a fabulous job and didn't spill a drop!  The Mommies had danishes, and the children had cookies and fruit snacks.  You can see in the picture above that Princess made me a flower pot and an adorable little wooden treasure box.  When you open it, she wrote X O (hugs and kisses) on the inside bottom, and there were 2 Hershey kisses in it.  The orange paper you see is a paper with their hand prints on it, and on the other side is a picture of Princess on her first day of school, and one of her this past week.  It shows us how much she has grown.

I had a wonderful time, and I still can't believe that this little girl standing on stage calling me Mama is actually mine!  Her adoption has been final for 2 1/2 years, and we have had her for 4 1/2 years, (since she was almost 5 months)  but it still seems like the journey for us to be her forever family is fresh in my mind.   I love all my children so much, and am so thankful that God placed adoption in our hearts, and placed this child with our family.  She is strong willed, never wants to go to sleep,and  is as rough and tumble as her brothers, but I wouldn't change her a single bit!  She is wonderfully made by our Almighty Father, and we praise his Goodness!
Blessings,
The Queen Mama

Part of the motions of a song (the person was sleeping).

No comments:

Post a Comment