"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Queen Mama Needs to Live in the Moment!

Okay friends.  Help me out here.  I need some encouragement and support.  Yes, I have been down this road before.  I have traveled this journey and have had 6 foster children return to either a parent or kinship placement.  So why am I jumping ahead of things and fixating on the next court date (not til June), Mom's progress, Sweet Pea's first birthday (7 months away), etc. etc.  I need to stop and take a deep breath and enjoy the here and now. 
I think with every new little thing Sweet Pea does, like starting to roll over, laugh at things the kids do, seeing my oldest boys just melt when they hold her and play with her, has got me entrenched in high hopes.  I can't let myself do that until we know for sure what's going to happen.  I really need to lean on God to settle my heart, live day by day,  and to focus on encouraging bio Mom right now (even though I don't talk to her much.  She usually doesn't say much, but once in awhile will open up to me about what is going on with her).    Just felt like I had to get this feeling into writing, verify it, and hope it goes away soon!
As always, Blessings to you,
The Queen Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment