"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mommy's Day Wish

Today is Mother's Day.  What is a Mother?  Traditionally, it is the person who gave birth to you and nurtured you throughout your life.  But for some, it is a grandmother, aunt, family friend, foster mom, or someone else who stepped in to fill that role, even temporarily, when the birth mother couldn't. 

Part of my heart is with Sweet Pea's birth mom today.  I am sure it is difficult for her.  I know she loves her children, just as I love mine.

I love Mother's Day.  Not only is it a day to honor my Mom, it is a day for me to reflect on each blessed child the Lord has placed in my care.  It is a day for me to give thanks, for I love being a Mommy!  I have worn many different hats in many different careers.  My favorite is that of Mother! 

My wish to all Moms today, whether birth Mom, Foster Mom, Adoptive Mom, Surrogate Mom, or other Mom, is for your hearts to be filled with Love, Joy, and Happiness! May you be pampered with hugs and kisses today for all the things you do for your family!

For those of you who are just starting on your journey to become a Mommy, whether through birth, foster care, or adoption, my prayers are for you as well. Keep the faith!

May you be Blessed today and everyday!
Love,
The Queen Mama

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! What a blessing your love and mothering must be to Sweet Pea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina! Happy Mother's Day to you too. Sweet Pea is a blessing to us!

      Delete