"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Still Grateful to Be a Foster Mom!


Have I sounded like a "negative Nancy" lately?  Am I scaring you away from foster care instead of leading you towards it?  Let me tell you just how much I am grateful for the opportunity to be a foster mommy!  I have always loved children, and have always had that mothering instinct.  Growing up with a single mom, I babysat my sister A LOT at age 10.  I started babysitting others at age 11.  Young children flocked to me at any family gathering.  I used to beg my mother to no avail to adopt a little boy.  I used to beg her to sponsor children in other countries.  When a teenaged family friend asked us to babysit her 1 year old son for an evening and didn't come back for a week, I begged my Mom to intervene and let us keep the child. (I was 16).  Didn't happen.  But, I guess you can see how God had put Adoption on my heart at an early age.  I am so glad he did. He blessed me with my own biological children, and after not being able to have anymore children by those means, has blessed me so far with 9 more little souls to love!

Matthew 18:5 -"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me."

I so appreciate having the honor of caring for children.  Through all the ups and downs, the treading of unsteady waters, all I have to do is look into the eyes of these perfect little beings created by my Almighty Father, and realize that the journey is not about me, it is about them, and it's what God has intended for my ministry. To be able to protect from harm, to love and cherish while they are with us.  

JOIN MY JOURNEY!  CLICK ON "FOLLOW ME" ON THE MAIN PAGE OF MY BLOG! 

No comments:

Post a Comment