"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thankful Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Day my dear readers!  So much to be thankful for today~my husband, who is such a hard worker and good provider for us, my children, my foster children, my extended family.  But most of all, I think I am just so thankful to have a warm, comforting, happy place to call home.  I think about foster children who are in group homes with no family contact, or those who are about to age out of the system with nowhere to go or no supports, and it humbles me to the point of tears.  I brought this point up with my children this morning to help them feel gratefulness for all of our blessings. If you are reading this, please consider ways you can help these foster children, whether it be by becoming a foster parent, spreading foster care awareness through your church or work place or donating clothing, toys, special items, etc. to your local county children and youth agency.
 To you and yours, may you be Blessed this Thanksgiving day and always.
The Queen Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment