Time is up for Bio Mom to change her mind after signing her consent to adoption. 30 days of angst on our part, wondering if she would change her mind. Even if she did, the case still would have gone to termination, but it would have meant a much longer journey. Papers are being filed with the courts tomorrow and then a hearing for the judge to confirm the signing. Papers are also being filed with the courts this week for termination of rights for the Bio Father, who is still incarcerated. But, that is not the end. We still have to wait for a termination hearing to be scheduled for him, and then a finalization hearing (adoption) , so we are looking at probably next March or April. Bio Mom canceled her visit this past week, and cut her visit an hour short the week before, so I am curious as to whether she will request a visit this coming week. We are so thankful for our little Sweet Pea, so humbled and grateful that God has chosen us to be her forever family. So thankful that Birth Mom is at peace with the situation and that she insisted that Sweet Pea be adopted by us.
Many many blessings to you on your journey,
The Queen Mama