"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
"This site does not allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content or pictures by secondary parties to Facebook. Please contact the owner with any questions. All photos/content are copyrighted (C) Foster Adoption Mommy 2012-2021 Thanks for visiting!".

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Biological Connection or Impulse?

I took Princess for her visit with Bio Dad today.  We always arrive before he does and sit in the waiting area.  She is always oblivious to him when he comes in.  Today, however, when he said hello to her, she ran to him and put her arms up.  I was taken aback.  I must admit it tugged at my "green" heartstrings.  Does she feel a connection to him?  He only recently started seeing her a couple of months ago.  The counselor who watches him during their visits says he never gets up out of the chair.  He doesn't interact with her much.  Could it be a biological pull?  Or was it just impulsive because she recognizes him now?
I have to remember that no matter how much we want to adopt this little one, he is still her father, even if he doesn't have the ability to fully take care of her.  We have no rights until his are terminated.  I again was quiet today when I spoke to him.  I didn't say the things I wanted to say.  I am always kind when we have conversations.  He is always cordial and has never said a rude thing to us.  Does that make it any easier?  No.  My heart aches every single time I think about her possibly going back to him.  In our hearts, she is already our daughter.   49 days until her final placement hearing.  Please pray for her, her bio family, our family,  and that God's will be done.
Blessings,
Queen Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment